If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to become involved in your community, to help others, or to do something rewarding, this volunteer opportunity is FOR YOU. Attend a free training to become a literacy tutor. You will learn how to serve adults learning to speak/understand English and others improving basic literacy skills (reading, writing, and math).
- No previous training or teaching experience needed
- Time commitment, once you’re trained, is only 3-4 hours each week on a flexible schedule
- Have fun, learn while you help someone else, enjoy knowing your efforts are appreciated; some tutors report this is the high point of their week.
- January 8, 11, 18 and 22; 1:30 – 4:30 PM each day. To be fully trained, attendance at all 4 sessions is necessary
- For more information email Bobby Gordon.