Become a Supporting Member
There are a lot of different types of volunteer positions at the library:
- shelving books
- English tutoring or adult basic literacy and math tutoring
- working at the Friends' bookstore (more details below), or helping with online Amazon sales
- watering plants
- basic household repairs
- furniture refinishing
- organizing storage
- writing content for this website or social media
If you are interested in making a meaningful contribution to a community organization while having fun, please fill out the form below or give us a call at 315-265-7230. Whatever your talents and interests, we could use your help!
Our Adult/ESL ptrogram trains volunteers to provide one-to-one tutoring to adults who need help with reading, writing, math or English as a New Language. Volunteers interested in tutoring participate in a training course and are then matched with an adult who needs help with literacy skills. We assess the literacy level of each student and provides the books and materials used for tutoring. Volunteers and students meet in public places such as libraries.
- Adults like to be in control of their learning and need less structure and supervision.
- Questioning is part of an adult’s path to learning. It’s not just expected; it’s encouraged.
- Adults already have a lifetime of knowledge. They challenge new ideas, analyze old ways of thinking, and connect what they already know to new ideas.
- Adults apply what they learn NOW.
- Adults own their own learning.
Become a Friend of the Library
- assist with annual book sales
- help sort our book donations
- volunteer at the book store
- internet book sales/auctions
- marketing an event
- art and design
- become a part of our board